Garnier Micellar Water Review

08:37

I'm very late to the micellar water craze, but it came the time for me to ditch makeup wipes in favour of something more gentle. I had been on the lookout for an alternative for a while, and I saw it right next to a bunch of cotton pads in a Primark checkout (for a very reasonable price!) and I had to pick it up. Very quickly it became a shelf staple for me!


Before using this I had been using makeup wipes with perfume, and this left my sensitive skin red and blotchy. I've found this to be much more forgiving, and as someone with slightly oily skin I like that it acts as a cleanse to remove some of the oils that build up throughout the day, while remaining gentle enough to use every night.

Another plus is that there's no need to rinse your face afterwards, and let's face it - that's probably the reason most of us use makeup wipes after a night out or a long day! I've also found it to be much more effective than makeup wipes at removing lipstick, saving my pillows from red smudges the morning after.


Potentially one of my favourite things about it is how long a bottle will last you. I've had mine for a good few weeks, used it every day and I've caught my mum pinching it every so often too, and there's still a huge amount of product left.

Some people have made the point that the amount of cotton pads you need every time you use it drives up the price. While I agree it requires 2 or 3 pads depending on how heavy your makeup is, I picked up about 120 cotton pads for 50p at Primark - hardly a deal breaker compared to what you'd pay to use a wipe every day.

While I can only speak for myself and my skin's experience with this, I'd love to know what you all think about micellar water and if it's worth the hype. 

I hope everyone had a great weekend! X

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. This micellar water sounds really good ! XOXO Barbara from www.barbarabonline.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a must for sensitive skin! Thanks for reading xx

      Delete
  2. Definitely agree, it lasts ages! I recently bought their new one with the yellow oil at the top and it's even more amazing x

    www.sandrafsilva.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I'll have to try that one when I'm finished with this! X

      Delete
  3. I love this micellar water! I buy the blue one to get my waterproof mascara off and it works great.

    I just started blogging a while ago and would love for you to check it out: http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Garnier really nailed their micellar water! I'll check out your blog - I'm pretty new to blogging too xx

      Delete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe